Grafx for Coldfire/FreeMiNT
- LUA Scripting support
- TTF Support via FreeType / SDL_ttf
- Linked against libpng 1.5.x
- Animations and Layer support
- A rather nasty bug has been identified in the 2.4 release : Unless you're in Layers mode, the palette operations X-Inv, X-Swap, Reduce and Sort are not undoable
Some additional notes:
- Some functions can be accessed by pressing shift + space above the GUI buttons that you want to click (only needed when you want to execute it's alternative function). This keyboard combo can also be used to leave some drawing modes. (For example when creating a lasso mask)
- Tweaking the double click speed in the config dialog helps about double cliks. Set it to 900 and then double click seems to work more smoothly.
- The release consists of the m68k-060 build provided by nokturnal, overwritten with required files from the coldfire build (skinfiles have changed, binary of course, too)
- The speed is fine most of the time. Some operations have a bit of delay. (For example free-hand-draw: the mouse moves faster than grafx2 can paint). This can be fixed by tewaking the configuration or entering zoom mode.
- when saving the config file, an error is printed to the command line (about corrupted config file, and that it should be removed...) - but after restarting grafx2 my changed where applied and for example the window size changed correctly. So I would suggest feel free to tweak the configuration settings - there are a lot of things to change :)
- I had no problems running grafx2 from bash...
- but when using Teradesk, I first had to rename the application extension from .ttp to .app... otherwise nothing seems to happen.
- Most of the times when quitting grafx2 the GEM mouse cursor keeps to be invisible... under XaAES just press ctrl+alt+m - this will restore the mouse cursor.
- This version is linked against a patched SDL library because the official SDL version had an regression regarding freehand paint under Grafx2 at that time.
Further technical informations:
I used the following 4 commands to configure the build (not a complete list, just the tricky ones):
CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=5475" LDFLAGS="-mcpu=5475" ./configure --disable-threads --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-video-opengl --prefix=/usr/m68k-atari-mint/ --libdir=/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/m5475/ --host=m68k-atari-mint
SDL_LIBS="-lSDL -lgem" LIBPNG_CFLAGS="-I/usr/m68k-atari-mint/include/libpng15" LIBPNG_LIBS="-lpng15" CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=5475" LDFLAGS="-mcpu=5475" LIBS="-lgem" ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --prefix=/usr/m68k-atari-mint/ --libdir=/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/m5475/ --host=m68k-atari-mint --disable-lbm
SDL_CFLAGS="-I/usr/m68k-atari-mint//include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1" SDL_LIBS="-L/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/m5475/ -lSDL -lgem" CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=5475" LDFLAGS="-mcpu=5475 -Wl,-t" LIBS="-L/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/m5475/ -lgem -lm" ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --prefix=/usr/m68k-atari-mint/ --libdir=/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/m5475/ --host=m68k-atari-mint --without-x --prefix="/usr/m68k-atari-mint/" --libdir="/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/m5475/"
grafx2 Makefile (m68k cross part):
COPT = -W -Wall -mcpu=5475 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -D__MINT__ -ffast-math -O$(OPTIM) -c -I$(prefix)/include `$(prefix)/bin/libpng-config --cflags` `$(prefix)/bin/sdl-config --cflags` $(JOYCOPT) $(LAYERCOPT) $(LUACOPT)
LOPT = -Wl,-t -static -mcpu=5475 -L$(prefix)/lib/m5475 -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image `$(prefix)/bin/sdl-config --libs` -ltiff -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm $(TTFLOPT) -lfreetype $(LUALOPT) -lm $(LAYERLOPT) -Wl,--stack,8k